throughout the years...
EARLY DISMISSAL TODAY FRIDAY @ 1:30. AFTER CARE WILL BE OFFERED.
Vote for Crossing Guard of the Year: #CrossingGuardAppreciationMonth #SafeStudents #Care4CrossingGuards
Staff, parents/guardians and students can submit your crossing guard(s) for Chicago’s Most Outstanding Crossing Guard Award at www.surveymonkey.com/r/2BNLSM7 . Nominations are due by March 31st!
Lenten Collection 2019:
- We will be distributing Lenten boxes to each student to bring home on Friday.
- St. Gabriel Parish Lenten Collections 2019 for vocations & Men in Formation. Please return to the school office by Friday, April 12th.
- 2nd trimester report cards will be distributed on Friday, March 1st
Ash Wednesday: Wednesday, March 6th @ 8:00 am ( we will not have Mass on Thursday)
Station of the Cross schedule: Students will be dismissed from church.
- Friday, March 8th @ 1:45 pm
- Friday, March 15th @ 1:00 pm
- Friday, March 22nd @ 1:45 pm
- Friday, March 29th @ 1:00 pm
- Friday, April 5th @ 1:45 pm
- Friday, April 12th @ 1:00 pm
Girl Scout Cookies:
- Girl Scouts will be selling Girl Scout cookies at all the Masses on Saturday, 3/9 and Sunday 3/10. They will also be selling cookies at Super Raffle Bingo on the 10th of March.
SUPER BINGO: SAVE THE DATE! SUNDAY, MARCH 10, 2019
- Doors open at 11:00 am, Bingo will start at 12:30 $20.00 regular games includes dollar card & dauber. Special cards will also be sold! We will have pull tabs, food, raffle prizes and lots of FUN!
- Volunteer sheet is attached.
Soluri Brother’s Fundraiser Day:
- Wednesday, March 13th 7:00 am – 8:00 pm. Take the night off from cooking and support St. Gabriel school.Don’t forget to mention St. Gabes! Flyer is attached.
- Place your order online at
- Soluri’s Online Orders
St. Gabriel Yearbook Cover Contest:
- Open to all grades, Due on or before Thursday, March 14th. Flyer is attached.
- Family Mass will be on Sunday, March 24th @ 9:00 am. Students who attend Mass will receive a dress down day on Tuesday, March 26th
MEGA PB&J NIGHT:
- Thursday, March 28th @ 7:00 pm in the school hall.
- Please contact Deacon Rob @ 773-779-5779 0r firstname.lastname@example.org to cordinate any donations
- Join us for a family friendly service project. We will attempt to make 500 sack lunches for the needy in our city. See attachment for more information.
BUNCO 4 BABIES:
- Sunday, March 31st @ 2:00 pm. In the school hall. See flyer attached for more information.
Important Dates: please check our school calendar regularly for any updates!
- Friday, March 1st early dismissal @ 1:30. After care will be offered
- Friday, March 1st. 2nd Trimester report cards will be sent home.
- Wednesday, March 6th Ash Wednesday Mass @ 8:00 am
- Thursday, March 7th Communion photos.
- Sunday, March 10th Super Raffle Bingo
- Wednesday, March 13 Soluri Brothers Night
- Monday, March 18th NO SCHOOL
- Friday, March 22nd Nacho Fun Lunch
- Sunday, March 24th Family Mass @ 9:00 am Hosted by 3rd grade
- Tuesday, March 26th Church attendance dress down
Save the Dates, Looking ahead!
Friday, April 5th REGISTRATION FRIDAY’S DRESS DOWN STARTS
Sunday, April 7th Breakfast with the Easter Bunny
Spring Break Monday, April 15th – Thursday April 25th
Friday, April 26th 3rd trimester progress reports are distributed
Tuesday, April 30th Confirmation
Saturday, May 4th First Holly Communion @ 11:00 am.
Thursday, May 9th 8th Grade Ribbon Mass @ 8:00 am
Sunday, May 12th Mother’s Day Mass @ 9:00, parade and reception.
Sunday, May 19th May Crowning and Family Mass @ 9:00 am
Monday, May 27th No School memorial Day
Tuesday, May 28th Pre-school Promotion Day @ 10:00 am
Friday, May 31st Kindergarten Promotion Day @ 10:00 am
Saturday, June 1st 8th Grade Graduation @ 11:00
Friday, June 7th Last Day of school. Dismissal following 8:00 am Mass.
Saturday, June 22nd St. Gabriel’s Sham-Block
Sunday, June 30th Fr. Tom’s Farewell Mass @ 10:00 am. Reception to follow in the school hall.