What happens if an applicant believes there is an error?
We know that errors can occur when determining the eligibility of a scholarship application, and because we are committed to quality and service, we have an appeal policy to address these mistakes. The appeals process is only meant to correct errors, not field complaints or questions about status. Please only refer families to the appeals process if you believe there has been an error in determining their eligibility. If someone has a question or complaint, please have them email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What kinds of errors or changes can be appealed?
Appeals may be requested if:
- The applicant believes an error was made in determining eligibility based on accurate information submitted and certified in their application
- The applicant has a change in residence that affects their priority status
IMPORTANT: Appeal requests to fix incorrect information submitted and certified in the application will NOT be accepted.
How does an applicant request an appeal?
- All appeal requests must be submitted by an applicant no later than 7 calendar days after the eligibility notification email was sent.
- Applicant requests an Empower Illinois Appeal Form by emailing email@example.com
- Applicant submits their completed Empower Illinois Appeal Form, and any supporting materials, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Empower Illinois will respond by email with the appeal decision and additional instructions no later than 5 business days or 7 calendar days, whichever is longer. All appeal decisions are final.